Early Childhood Ireland - Plan for Reopening
Health & Safety
To maintain the safety of your staff, the children and their families in your service, it is vital that all service owners /managers ensure that all staff returning to work know and adhere to the procedures set out in the new
DCYA – Preparing to Reopen Early Learning and Care and School-Age Childcare settings Guidance Document Please click here to see Guidance document
The DCYA has also published Key Messages for School Age Childcare. While the HPSC guidance is relevant to both Early Learning and Care (ELC) and School Age Childcare (SAC), this Key Messages document highlights parts of the Guidance which are of particular relevance to SAC services. Click here to see the Key Messages document First 5 – Guidance for Reopening
With that in mind, we recommend that you put the following five measures in place to ensure your staff can work safely in your service in compliance with new Sector COVID-19 guidelines and that parents are well informed about the safety protocols that you are putting in place.
1. Review the Return to Work Safely Protocol and the COVID-19 Setting Reopening Health and Safety Checklist to assess if you and your safe can operate safely before children return to your settings.
2. Speak to your insurance broker about the date that you intend to open your service and any implications that you think need to highlighted with regards to opening.
3. Speak with/write to the parents of the children in your service and explain your plan to reopen along with an explanation of the Guidelines and how you intend to implement the guidelines in your service to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
4. Training: Ensure that your permanent staff and any temporary staff required have read and understand their responsibilities under the Guideline documents and you can avail of the Early Childhood Ireland Return to Work Training.
5. Develop your detailed plan for the reopening of your service.
Key headings for your detailed plan to reopening your service:
– Deep cleaning
– Health, safety and hygiene
– Training and HR
– implications for practice
– Safe spaces
– Planning to use outdoor spaces more
– Ordering and purchasing additional equipment and new signage for your service
Symptoms and Illness – Infection Control
It is important to minimise the risk of infection as you start to open and take steps to help keep your setting as safe as possible.
• Symptoms of Coronavirus
• How to wash your hands
Throughout the Coronavirus outbreak, hygiene has been at the top of the list of measures to prevent the spread of infection.
We recommend that you also consult the following key documents and training :
1. HPSC guidance for Childcare Settings
2. DCYA Preparing to Reopen Early Learning & Care & School-Age Childcare Settings
3. COVID-19 Setting Reopening Health and Safety Checklist
4. Early Childhood Ireland’s Return to Work Training
5. Early Childhood Ireland’ schedule for webinar-led training
6. FAQs for providers for reopening:
Additional Equipment, Signage and Posters
To help with purchasing additional equipment and new signage for your service, please see below a list of suppliers in the relevant product areas who deliver nationwide. We have also agreed a member group discount with these suppliers so that our members can purchase at a discounted cost.
Supplier List and their Products
Specialists in graphic production
Sanitising Pump Stands, Social Distancing Vinyl Signs and Acrylic Dividers. 15% off for Early Childhood Ireland members. Please mention you are a member when enquiring to receive discount. For the full range of products available, please click here
Specialists in graphic production
Sanitising Pump Stands, Social Distancing Vinyl Signs and Acrylic Dividers. 15% off for Early Childhood Ireland members. Please mention you are a member when enquiring to receive discount.
For the full range of products available, please Click here
Contact: Ciaran O’Cuinneagan email@example.com Phone: 01 453 3151 www.doggettgroup.ie
High quality education supplies, resources and furniture with safety at the forefront
10% Discount for Early Childhood Ireland members. Please mention you are a member to receive discount For Capital Grants 2020 quotes https://wescoireland.wufoo.com/forms/capital-grant-2020-eci/
Contact: Eanna, Helen or Pat on 091 860822 or 091 860893 for more details www.wesco-eshop.ie